By: Justice Dilworth
Moving to Savannah or newly relocated? Here are our tips for getting your footing in the hostess city.
- Attend networking events. It may be intimidating to walk into a room of new faces but don’t fear. Savannah’s southern charm extends into the business community. Visit savannahmastercalendar.com to see an updated calendar with weekly networking events.
- Get active on social media. Since you’re new in town, people want to get to know you. They want to know what services you offer as well as what your dog looks like. This is a sociable town, so take photos when you’re out and about with friends. Facebook is as useful as LinkedIn here for finding new business. A potential client may see that you have a mutual friend or coffee spot which leads to a perfect introduction.
- Visit and join local organizations that resonate with you. The Creative Coast, Tourism Leadership Council, and the Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce are all organizations looking for new additions and offering relevant benefits to their members. Attending their meetings and events will be the perfect way for you to find your niche.
- Be open to new experiences. The art, tech, and tourism industries are attracting new opportunities in the city. Every week, there is a new art exhibition, innovation discussion, and or a festival going on. You may find yourself meeting awesome people at the events that you wouldn’t typically attend.
- Talk about your business. Plain and simple, the best way to get people to know about your work is to talk about it! We have no shame in these parts, so don’t be afraid to drop a plug about your services where applicable.
Welcome to our city! In just a few months, you will be mixing and mingling like a local. If you’re nervous about this, sounds like you need a good PR firm to help you get the word out! Give us a call at 912.695.7881. We’re here to help you!